Vega Europe's 'Bring £1 To Work Day' supporting Dame Vera Lynn Children's Charity
The Charity is based in Cuckfield, Haywards Heath and provides vital support to children under 5 with cerebral palsy and other similar motor impairments. The focus is on helping parents to navigate this journey and to help them feel more confident in supporting their child.
Working alongside the families, the Charity provides a practical and successful movement-based educational approach known as Conductive Education that helps the child develop physically, socially and emotionally. This leads to a more confident child with an improved future.
They also offer Music Therapy, Outreach support, Hydrotherapy, and Speech and Language Therapy. This entire service is free.
The Charity has supported 600 families from all across the South East and they do not receive any Government funding.
The Children and their families desperately need your support to help fund the Charity's fantastic work. See more by clicking here.
If every-one brings just £1 to work on the day......this will help us raise the £10k target and make a huge difference to the families and children's lives.
How will it work ?
• On Friday, 13th December - we are encouraging every company on the Manor Royal to sign up
• Employees are then invited to bring £1 to work that day to donate to the Dame Vera Lynn Children's Charity
• Companies wishing to participate in this scheme need to provide the name and contact details (email and telephone number) for the person within the company who will be the designated contact for this fundraiser.
• Participating companies will also need to provide the total number of employees they have at their Manor Royal site.
• In advance of 13th December, the Dame Vera Lynn Children's Charity will drop off a collection box or bucket, depending upon the total number of employees at the firm.
• The week commencing 16th December, the Charity will come to collect the box, and will count the money and report back to each company the total that they have raised.
• All participating companies if they so wish will have the chance to visit the Charity and see at first hand the support they are giving and again if they so wish will be named within the Charity's social media and marketing activities before and after this day.
Here are the key contacts for this day:
Dame Vera Lynn Children's Charity
Natalie Hogben, Community Fundraiser
Katie-Jayne Minter, HR & Office Manager
If you would like to get involved, please email Natalie or Katie-Jayne today!