Top Ten Facts about Manor Royal
Manor Royal Business District by numbers
- The largest business district in South East England covering 240 hectares
- Home to more than 500 businesses
- Provides 30,000 jobs (40 per cent of Crawley's total employment) - Crawley provides 45 per cent of all employment in the Gatwick Diamond.
- Accounts for approximately 19 per cent of all jobs in the Gatwick Diamond
- Crawley's main commercial area and a major contributor to the West Sussex, Gatwick Diamond and wider south east economy.
- Provides 77 per cent of all Crawley employment land (Crawley provides more commercial floor space than any other area in West Sussex or the Gatwick Diamond)
- Accounts for 19 per cent of all employment land in West Sussex and 22 per cent of all such land in the Gatwick Diamond
- About 700 business premises and 8 million square feet of commercial space
- A destination for 18,000 people who commute to the area from outside the town
- Home to numerous blue chip, global companies such as Virgin Atlantic, CGG, Thales, Varian Medical Systems, Elekta, Vent-Axia, Doosan Babcock Energy and Grant Thornton